ABOUT THE 200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
I danced Shiva-Rea style alone in my dark bedroom last night. Shhh..don't tell anyone.
I barely told myself.
Dance, music, poetry, yoga-each of these affords us entry into that magical kingdom within from which we are otherwise barred entry, barraged and embedded as we are in schedules, plans, strategies and self-consciousness.
We have been trained not to feel...anything. By 'feelings' I don't mean your emotions.
I mean the feelings of the body. It's scary. To feel is to be vulnerable. We're only allowed to feel in the privacy of our bedroom or in a paid stranger's candlelit den of Enya, warm oil and massage certificates on the wall. Much easier to think your way through a yoga class. But we all know how that works in the bedroom. It's the same on your mat.
To be present is to be available for what is going down.
When you learn to feel the subtle, shimmering, ever-arising and disappearing somatic glimmerings of the body, life avails herself to you in an entirely different way and the whole fake, western pioneer town of your life begins to dissolve. You see for the first time that there is nothing at all behind the facade of cowboys, saloons and dusty horses.
Connection is not a thought. Compassion is not a thought. Joy is not a thought. All are an experience, a feeling.
No longer are you asunder from Everything Else. No longer are you twiddling your thumbs on the sidelines of Nature, that endless green thing out the car window. Rather, you step fully and completely into the ever-present Now and that book you half read by Eckhart Tolle begins to make dramatic and compelling sense and you don't need anyone anymore to tell you up from down, right from wrong, yes from no because you are IN, IN, IN. For a glorious moment, all truth is yours and its NOT a thought. Its an experience, a feeling in you.
God isn't an entity to worship but an experience to have. And I want to share how Yoga can help you get there. My students are not only expected to asana and meditate and study and memories and assist and sequence. They are also expected to dance everyday, sing everyday and read poetry everyday.
Why just stretch when you can save the world? Once you learn to connect to the Great Cosmos, you begin to love it, you have a relationship to it and you begin to care about it. Once you care about it, you will act to protect it as you do everything you care about. Learn to practice and teach yoga to transform your life — and your world.
Conquering Lion is changing. Big time.
I am accepting only 5-12 students for September Term 2014 and I am teaching the ENTIRE program, except for Anatomy. I want my students to have the benefit of the type of one mouth to one ear that I know makes so much difference. Because its not about teaching yoga en masse but about teaching a few correctly and to the best of my abilities.
Acclaimed teacher Kelly Morris combines her 20+ year experience in the Indian and Tibetan Yoga traditions with her profound love of Q'ero shamanism to offer a truly authentic and comprehensive yoga teacher training program.
Held in the heart of New York City, the program unites my expertise with a hands-on approach and the collective strength of individuals determined to radically reinvent themselves and their world.
Learn how to use the practice of Yoga for its ultimate intention, to end suffering and cultivate more joy than you ever thought possible!
WHAT WE'LL COVER
THE REAL MEANING OF YOGA
24 hours a day, our mind makes a mistake that gives birth to every unhappiness we have ever known: the mistake of thinking that our world and everything in it, including ourselves, is "out there," with some nature of its own that's separate from us and our perceptions.
The practice of yoga, in all of its aspects, reverses this mistake by employing the wisdom of the ancients.
What this means is that we are actually an integral part of the Cosmos, so we in fact have the power to engage with it. We can be more than just victims of "luck", "chance," and "circumstance." When we fail to realize this elementary truth, our lives are plagued with the frustrations and unhappiness that most of us experience every day; everything from the irritation of missing the train to the deep sadness of losing a loved one. People feel disconnected, alone and afraid.
By combining the practice of Wisdom with that of Asana (postures), we begin to understand that while our yoga practice may not end wars, stop cancer and save the whales it does change the way we experience those events and the way we relate to them. Ultimately, through the practice of Yoga we can change our minds, our bodies, and our worlds to better reflect who we ultimately want to be while helping others along the way.
"YOGA IS THE PROCESS OF STOPPING THE MIND FROM TURNING THINGS AROUND THE WRONG WAY." MASTER PATANJALI, YOGA SUTRA 1.2
The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- The Yamas: the ethical and moral restraints that prevent the creation of negative karma
- The Niyamas: the ethical and moral freedoms that ensure the creation of positive karma
- Asana: the physical postures through which the practitioner's ethical and moral life is made tangible (what most people think of as "yoga")
- Pranayama: the breath and prana instructions that allow the practitioner to move inwards and upwards
- Pratyahara: the invisible but profound shift from outer awareness to inner quietude
- Dharana: the unsteady maintenance of holy concentration
- Dhyana: the steady maintenance of that concentration
- Samadhi: the uninterrupted state of that concentration
The 12 Elements of Conquering Lion Yoga
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga: as outlined by Master Patanjali (see above)
- Yoga Sutra: as outlined by Master Patanjali
- Kriyas: the cleansing practices of yoga
- Sanskrit: the inner sound of yoga
- Sequencing: the outward dance of creation
- Alignment: making sure everything's where it should be
- Hands-on Assisting: skillfully moving the subtle energy of another
- How to Give Kick-Ass "Lion's Love": love without sex: the art of in-class, one-on-one personal assists
- Subtle Body Anatomy: are you a being of flesh and blood, or a being of light? Up to you
- Physical Body Anatomy: the flesh, the blood and the bones
- Mantras and Chanting: working with your inner winds/prana simply by surrendering to the holy syllables of the Divine
- Community: continuing your studies and working as a yoga teacher in New York City
The next Conquering Lion Yoga Teacher Training program runs from Sept 2014 - March 2015. Click here for the complete list of dates.
The total cost of the 300-Hour Teacher Training program is $4000 if paid at time of acceptance, $4500 if paid in installments. Please inquire about payment plans if interested.